Thread: "test"

"test"

After years of playing other people's maps I decided last week to have a go at contributing myself...

So in one week from installing Worldcraft 3.3 and reading some tutorials (most of which I ignored of course) I give you my first, and very probably last, SvenCo-op map...

It's a bit easy and the lighting isn't that great and there's a tricky bug in a vent to navigate but non-the-less please feel free to enjoy it...oh yeah, and there's a secret only accessable by using real co-op play...

You know you've reached the end when the map changes to Osprey

unzip to your Half-Life directory

edit : map updated to "assfest" a few posts down
    Sound Dude

wow R-man that was pretty good, good job

As maps get more and more professional, good ideas seem to die out, and combat gets shoved in your face more and more (not necessaryily a bad thing all the time though). I really like some of the scenes in there, and some good ideas, like the barnacle on the ladder, and the occasional good use of the AR Grenade Grunt
    Good first try.

here it is cleaned up with improved lighting and more challenging gameplay (hence the name...not what Mr.Chris is hoping )

now it's playable with several players

*removed due to update a few posts down*
    Sound Dude

@test: ... boring its just kill-->go-->kill-->go-->kill....
    but i couldnt make a better one
    Last edited by Banana Boy; 28-06-2002 at 06:43 AM.

Manager
    I played around for a while and well lets say.

Not bad for a first map. Seen you used that carving tool allot. You really should stop using itm you use it quite carefully but still I have to jump around in the vents to get trough.

Your map is far better then my first attempts on mapping. With a little extra time and training you could make a good map. I think you got the idea`s but the skills are still missing.

You should go on with mapping in my oppinion. It can only get better. Pay attention to architecture and change high in a room. Get rid of carving and block rooms. Now exeperiment around a bit with textures and objects.

Originally posted by Hezus
    I played around for a while and well lets say.

Not bad for a first map. Seen you used that carving tool allot. You really should stop using itm you use it quite carefully but still I have to jump around in the vents to get trough.

Your map is far better then my first attempts on mapping. With a little extra time and training you could make a good map. I think you got the idea`s but the skills are still missing.

You should go on with mapping in my oppinion. It can only get better. Pay attention to architecture and change high in a room. Get rid of carving and block rooms. Now exeperiment around a bit with textures and objects.
    Couldn't have put it better myself. Keep learning and you could make a good map.

Ok...
    I've had enough of mapping so here is the final version of my one and only map...
    It's called gitfest as assfest is too open to misinterpretation

It's alot bigger than the two previous versions and alot harder...took me over half an hour to get through even with my exact knowledge of every single enemy placement...
    This map isn't for the HL novice

best played with 4 or more players

note: unzip/extract to your Half-Life directory
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sound Dude