Thread: Toon Run

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Buggy ! ?

Originally posted by Hezus
    I don`t know if this is a map bug or a svencoop bug but I built a LAN server to play this map today with a friend of mine and I started at the ACME boxes instead of the real begin of the map.
    i encountered the same thing last night on my 2 pc lan, i the host, started at the beginning, but my roommate started at the mousetrap, so i got he to quick and rejoin, and he started at the beginning this time

ps.. thanks for making a great map, its my favorite one atm

xkill

GREAT !

It's just some days since i tried ( toonrun )...
    I just have to say that this map is the BEST AND GREATEST EVER !!!!! You should make more toon maps... Maybe a toon series !? In one word GREAT !

Artist
    I could swear the other spawn points (which are not at the beginning) are not activated, when the map starts. I have no clue why they respawn you.

Anyway, thanks for the positive feedback. Somehow the fact "people are playing my map" satifies me a dozens time more , than just getting a comment like "nice job"

this is a great map! i love the names and bosses!

one more bug...:(

Sorry but one more thing, when im loading the map, the console says couldnt load kk1.wad i can play the map but looks like im missing something what is kk1.wad?

jeje, sooper-dooper-fun map anyway!!!
    Map(s) I`ve released: (RC)Lasertest (SC)Xootixz, Sc_fragtraining, Platformatic, Sc_MonsterBase
    :OMG! :OMG! :OMG! :WTF? : Dont have any of those Turrican-maps... Where to download???

*****is-not
    The spawn point thing is a Beta 2 issue. Fixed.
    Butemam! Gonomes? Revive?

Artist
    That's the texture file. Get it here:
    http://gerkoelz.bei.t-online.de/trash/textures.zip

Artist
    Oops, I forgot:
    Copy it in your SvenCoop or Valve directory.

Registered User Crowbar Samura]['s Avatar
    A very nice and fun map, excellant textures although the handcatapult is a bit tricky and when im on the super mario part and try to break the crate open with the rpg in it locks up i dont know if this is my computer or the map perhaps if anyone else who has had this problem please post (i have a voodoo2 if you wanted to know)

Guess where my blaster is. Viger's Avatar
    Crowbar Samura][ Try waiting a couple minutes when the screen freezes. I have a vodoo 3 and in some maps my screen will lock up every once and a while. these lock-up did stop when I changed to DirectX, or try finding updated drivers.

Former VGer3781

great map heh

toonrun.tga

couldnt load toonrun.tga well i searched for it in zipfile but wasnt there... it wasnt included otherwise gooogogogogoggogogogoooooodmap
    Map(s) I`ve released: (RC)Lasertest (SC)Xootixz, Sc_fragtraining, Platformatic, Sc_MonsterBase
    :OMG! :OMG! :OMG! :WTF? : Dont have any of those Turrican-maps... Where to download???

There Is no Three. :wtf: KillJoy's Avatar
    Sry to go off-topic but: the only way to get noclip is to have admin mod.
    Not so, Just put the maxplayers limit to 2.
    Sigs are over-rated.

Work sucks, but money is good, what to do?!?!
    Originally posted by Crowbar Samura][
    when im on the super mario part and try to break the crate open with the rpg in it locks up i dont know if this is my computer or the map perhaps if anyone else who has had this problem please post (i have a voodoo2 if you wanted to know)
    I have the same prob as well, but it's not like you REALLY need the rpg, it's fairly easy to finish the area without it. I play on a TNT2 32mb,(don't make fun of me, it better than a voodoo2 and this map is lag free for me.

solution: don't grab the rpg.
    If ignorance is bliss, then why is the world so misrible?

Originally posted by KillJoy

Not so, Just put the maxplayers limit to 2.

But i thought that only had god mode, all weapons, and spectator mode, or did i miss something?

Artist
    In the SvenCoop Faq it said you have to set maxplayers to 1 so the Svencoop cheats work, however the old HL cheats like noclip and god dont work in SvenCoop. (I forgot that).

but if u set it at 1 it will automatically go to 2, so 1 or 2 will do the same thing. :\

Originally posted by Crowbar Samura][
    When im on the super mario part and try to break the crate open with the rpg in it locks up i dont know if this is my computer or the map perhaps if anyone else who has had this problem please post (i have a voodoo2 if you wanted to know)
    When I first played this map I could take the rpg and not crash.A few days later when playing Toonrun I did crash if taking the rpg.The only change I had made to my system was putting in the new drivers for my sound card (Soundblaster Live 5.1).As a test I went back to the drivers I had installed when I first played this map and now I can take rpg with no crashes.So,this may be a sound issue and not a video one.

Work sucks, but money is good, what to do?!?!

Lightbulb

That is quite possible. Come to think of it, theres really no reason for this to be a video issue, since the sound is the only thing that is different.
    If ignorance is bliss, then why is the world so misrible?

Was I the only person who thought this map was a little disappointing? I'm a person who observes every aspect of a map and comments on it as a whole. The architecture is above average, the concept is original, the appearance is f**king superb, but the lag is terrible and brings the map down alot. The gameplay suffers slightly aswell. All I seen was shooting hordes of enemies, one point with several provided humurous guns.

There was also a spawn bug, most of us spawned in the middle of the map before we got to that part.

Needs improvement on gameplay and lag. The rest is amazing.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

this map rox but
    hand boost doesnt work
    sometimes u got a chat delay of 5 mins

Manager
    That chat delay is not the map problem but a server problem. I had that before on other maps and I guess it is because of the pdestal.wad that can`t be downloaded.

but i and other people had that several time on toonrun only

Artist
    Was I the only person who thought this map was a little disappointing?
    Mhh, seems like you are the only guy, who did not consume the map, but analyzed it.

Everything you mentioned are truely sgnificant problems.
    Okay here's a short comment on the porblems you metntioned:
    1. the lag
    Yeah, the map lags like hell, I played it only once on Slidje's server, but it was almost unplayable. I am not sure yet, what causes this extreme lagging, but I guess its the many moving entities and monsters. However in LAN it should be playable, only the big outdoor area at the beginning has high r_speeds.

2 the game play
    You could also describe it as ...eh... very traditional. But there are only two points, which have respawning enemies.
    I dadmit, these parts with assembly-line-killing are the most boring ones. (I will not use them in future maps again)

However fighting monsters is THE basic task in a action game.
    Of course other non-fighting tasks like finding hostages make the map more interesting, but I believe a map without monsters could never be as good as one with them.

Mad Jonesy said the Spawn Bug was a 2.0B issue, so dont blame me .

As this was my first SC map (and my 2nd map in general), I am still trying to figure out how to archieve atmosphere through a certain kind of setting and story in a multiplayer map.

BTW Now where's my Creepsworld Review?

Alot of us at Creepsworld are fairly busy and are going to get back into the swing of things when 2.0f is released. Glad you took the comments seriously.

The lag issues are from large areas and large amounts of enemies. Have you considered using lag reducing techniques? (2or3x scale textures - Moving complex objects one unit from a flat surface to prevent it splitting the surface into many faces) It seems that alot of the outdoor scenes stay in a linear fashion, so the players computer is having to load the whole area at once, instead of having corners that conceal part of an area.

Perhaps the lag annoyed me so much it brought down my opinion of the gameplay.
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast