Thread: Toon Run

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Manipulator of Vertecies WarpZone's Avatar
    I have a little something for you... Enjoy!

Artist
    Originally posted by (GIT)r-man
    arrrgh!!!

You put a game_end at the end of toonrunf1 instead of a changelevel to toonrunf2...

need to manualy change it
    Hmm but if you directly put toonrunf2 after toonrunf1 in the map rotation, there's no need to change it manually.

Originally posted by NLZombie
    We played all the way thru with no crashes.Only problem we encountered was in the part of the moving platforms similar to Super Mario.They would keep stopping when you jumped on some and then you would be unable to move so we would have to suicide.
    wel... jes i played it too with no crashes (a bit yesterday)
    but koelzk sent me an email and r-man posted ... but i really hope that its a minor bug

This map is burning my pants!
    Here are my comments, 1)Dont hate me 2)Dont take them personaly 3)Ignore if you dont agree with them.
    (there arent alot of comments GJ! )

1)I dont like the fact, that every time I respawn I have to jump into a small crate to get a weapon, since there are more people on the server its going to be verry busy when much people die at once (I dont like waiting )
    2)Some textures should be scaled up to reduce r_speeds (like every wall 2X) (they already are 2x?, scale them to 4x becouse no-one will notice! )
    3)When three militairy monsters come in the apc, they are totally black, put some lights in the tunnel so they dont come out totally black.
    4)At the mario stage, instead of making multiple chairs, how about making multiple benches. The space between one or two chairs dosnt serve a function anyways.
    5)At the river, at the farm, at the cannons; I think that you spamm to much monsters.
    6)Your using a ENV_sound in the belly of that big face. Whenever you use a env_sound, be sure to place env_sounds with the soundtype normal around the map, espacialy around the respawn.
    7)I think the spaceship needs to be more cartoony
    8)Lacks some cooperative play, but its not that big of a deal.

I like this better then that previous version, great enprovement on the r_speeds!
    Greets Corona
    Maps: http://vin500.cjb.net
    Click here to read my C&C on some Svencoop maps
    PM me if you want me to comment your map.

Work sucks, but money is good, what to do?!?!
    Yes I agree However, I played it last night and got stuck on those platforms 3 times in a row D: It really pissed me off cause you have to kill yourself to get free, and you never know if your gonna get stuck the next time around.

Also, the spawn points, are still whacked. When I loaded the map, i spawned on the U ledge thing by the cloning machine. when we actually got to that part I couldn't spawn there and had to go all the way across the platforms again (totally unnessesary) getting stuck on those half the time didn't help much either. So the spawn points are still a little bugged.

All in all, it is still a very nice map, and great fun to play
    If ignorance is bliss, then why is the world so misrible?

i cant download the map

CreepsWorld SvenCo-op is closed

is there another location for me to get the file ?
    ~Skidz

Before Black Mesa, there was wine.
    http://www.blackmesawinery.com/.

Angry AUGH! YOU DID IT AGAIN!??!?

I love the toonrun maps, just love them, love them to death, but CAN'T YOU PUT SOME FREEKING FOLDERS IN YOUR ZIP FILES!!!!

Most people, sadly, lack the intelligence to parse out the files and place them into the appropriate folders, this leads to dozens of people attempting to download the map from the server that is running it, and failing miserably, even after they’ve already installed the zip. This in turn leads to lag galore on the server running the map. This in turn leads us to not putting an otherwise excellent map on our server.

If you’re utterly archaic like me, just add –r and –p to your pkzip’s command line.

“Few things exemplify a lack of intelligence as depending on an abundance in others.” - Winston Churchill
    Saint Thoth

errrr........The install was perhaps the eisiest thing i've done in my life. Theres not much too it, seeing how he made an install program for the reason your complaining about right now. Either your not getting the final version, or your blind. The correct version is in the later pages of this thread. These will always be people who just wan't to download from the server, but they usually won't be able to play because they don't get all the files. Eventually they will get the hint and download from here. But seriously, get the final version....It's more difficult to take a leak than it is to install this map. Nice work koelzk

Doh! Didn't see that... Oh well... Mayhaps there should be a new thread for Toonrun Final, tis a lot of forum reading to do to find a "directorized" (your word of the day) version of the file.

I still get so many endless downloaders on both versions of the Toonrun maps that obviously peeps are finding it hard to take a piss, er something... plus a lot of "don't change to that map it don't work for me!" I suspect they are finding the folderless zip file.

"Dear Zim, Don't use the time machine, Love, Zim."
    Saint Thoth

Ya, it would be nice to have a seperate thread, or merged links or something *HINT* *HINT*

it is so hard for people to edit the original post and put in bold There is an updated version of the map below
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

that thing about getting stuck on the platforms going up and down. this actually happened to me a lot when i was playing un-modded half life single player. it seems it's another one of those stupid bugs valve doesn't give a damn about. anyway actually i found it isn't life threatening. i found that if you bang all the movement keys like mad for a few seconds you can get unstuck. hope this helps.

Hmm I cant get the map, creepsworld gives me a 404 for that link to "TOPICID=33" in the few beginning links...Anybody can enlighten me?
    Just a mapper/player with criticism.

'been there since 1.9...
    c00leyo

try this

Map now comes with svencoop 3.0
    Last edited by Turrican; 18-09-2004 at 03:51 AM.
    the eden account makes buildings smile

NOo0oO0o0Ooo0

website link to download the map is bad!! arg!
    800th post - 8/9/03 (100 posts in 9 days! )
    [COLOR=orange][B]---------->TC'S PERSONNAL MODEL SITE<----------

Professional Zombie Slayer InFinTeY's Avatar
    Excellent map! This map was cool ,the grunts was cute and i like to step on the piano, it was so fun. Anyway, do u intend to make toonrunf3?
    Father Gregory is my master....He taught me to care for the zombies, to love the them, to appreciate them and to comfort them by sending a bullet each right in every of their heads.

koelzk ur a god! quik evryone on your knees!
    WooT!

You could say something more constructive then that.
    How about: I liked your map.
    Greets Corona
    Maps: http://vin500.cjb.net
    Click here to read my C&C on some Svencoop maps
    PM me if you want me to comment your map.

Look at his name Corona, legless, he's drunk
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

Manager
    **SPOILERS**
    Toonrun is quite possibly the strangest, craziest, best map ever! . The general look of the map is incredible, things like the (presumably Earthworm Jim inspired) megamonsterbossinafishbowl make it pretty memorable, and the farmyard turrets are hilarious.
    **END SPOILERS**

The cartoon grunt things suffer from the HDPack-type problems occasionally, but that'll only take a minute for us to fix. Jumping between the wheels of the cannon gets you stuck, but it doesn't really matter.

Koelzk: Lets say we wanted to include this with v2.1 (i.e., we want to include this with v2.1), are there any changes you'd want to make first? A final MOTD would need to be written, if nothing else. Thanks!
    Sven Viking

If I told you, you wouldn't live anyway so what's it matter?

:(

Your all gunna laugh you ass of at me when I say this but...

I can't figure out how to kill the EvilBigSweatyUglyMegaMonster thing... go ahead laugh, and if you have the heart...plz help.
    Fear my ultimate sig that will crush all of yours!!! .... where is it? HAH! I will never show it to you! You might break it! ... OK OK I DONT HAVE ONE! HAPPY NOW?!

Waiit a sec...... this IS a sig... coolness

Manager
    You need two people, or some very creative cheating, to do it.
    Sven Viking

Yes, one crawl thought a thing at left side and climb up and press a button meanwhile another does the same thing right side

anyways theese maps my favorite!
    Do u think u can make a toonrunf3 too? that would be cool
    Map(s) I`ve released: (RC)Lasertest (SC)Xootixz, Sc_fragtraining, Platformatic, Sc_MonsterBase
    :OMG! :OMG! :OMG! :WTF? : Dont have any of those Turrican-maps... Where to download???

Registered User [Ck][Lt.]Lucifer's Avatar
    I live in hell. (Where else would i live huh?)

Toonrun

Toonrun rocks i love the map its original With its cartoony style and its funny names, the irony in it is to much man koelzk
    "It takes 1000 years to make the perfect battle machine!
    But only a second to pull the trigger" quoted from the mech assault trailer

Re: Toonrun

Originally posted by [Ck][Lt.]Lucifer
    Toonrun rocks i love the map its original With its cartoony style and its funny names, the irony in it is to much man koelzk

you ARE gonna get banned.
    Dinner.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast