Thread: Map : Cassault 1.0

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Manager

Map : Cassault 1.0

Ok ppl, This is the release version of Central Assault. After 3 beta`s this nice piece of map is finished for me. Check the readme for changes.

Still you need to wait a few minutes before the map starts due to the node graph building. The map has a story now and a nice ending, more of the story is in the MOTD. Now go out and play ! Found any serious bugs ? Post it here !

* Creeps SvenCoop => You cant start making the review now.

DOWNLOAD ON THIS LINK !

http://www.goannasvencoop.com/Hezus/maps/cassault1.zip
    Last edited by Hezus; 02-10-2004 at 11:01 AM.

If anyone's reading this the server is up to playtest right now!
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

This map is great! You've truly improved over the year. The architecture and gameplay is above average in most areas.

The only gripe is that in one area the map really sticks for a while, bit of a bad lag problem there. Another thing is that the ending is not very impressive. Perhaps a sequence or something there?
    Maps Released: BMTCoop, Incoming (with SC2.0F), Incoming '08 (with SC4.0B), Never, Never '09, HLDMCC:Crossfire
    Maps in Development: Incoming 2.
    Media Released: SC4 Trailer

[ HLDMCC:CROSSFIRE RELEASED ]
    [ Visit the SC Map Database ]
    [ Death by Paperclip on YouTube ]

Manager
    Tnx for comments

Now for some answers :

I guess I know the reason why it sticks. Its not the r_speeds, they are low. Its the monsters that get pushed behind the door that you have to close. They make the server go shocking. I`ll fix that.

And, I had some compiling problems with this pc, maybe I`ll make a bigger end with a 1.1 version.

Moved to BOS

Manager
    Come on guys.. Only BMT with comments ? I need more oppinions plz.

The one,The only,The Dude NeWaBoRtIoN's Avatar
    i liked the ending...........
    i liked the start............
    i like the middle............

i liked it
    nice game play and architecture
    A_dude_with_boots@hotmail.com
    ^--my e-mail add me to you're msn messanger XD
    ICQ makes me crash
    And AOL Thinks i have a foot fetish -_-'

Exclamation Nice map

Hye i liked the map, good gameplay pretty good arcitecture (wow i can't spell). over all it was fun

Manager
    Thanks for the comments. I guess this is my best and longest map till now. Till now that is. I have loads of stuff in my head and allready working out large pieces of it.

are two people required to play this map because i got into the room with the guy behind the mounted machinegun and kill every thing in that room i then pressed the switch and could not figure out what it opened... does it open a dor for a short amount of time requireing a second player to go through it?

comments once i have finished the map

Two

I think so, tried this by myself too. The box is a pushable and I think a second player needs to be there to push box in doorway to block door. Can't get there fast enough by yourself. Would like to play this with another to find out.

Yeah, I"ll second that goanna.
    I thought this part I played of this map was really good, it looked really nice from the start.
    Some things I noted:
    1)I think it needs to be less grey at the beginning, simply pasting that concrete texture to the ceiling is very uninteresting IMO.
    2)In the respawn, there's a battery, but you have to jump to get it, can you replace it to the side of the crate so I can just walk against it to pick it up?
    3)I thought the briefing went a bit to fast.
    4)Right, this is something that bothers me, most of the doors go inside the wall and disapeer untill they reset. Maybe its an idea for future maps to let them stick out atleast 1 unit and then to place a 1 unit wide clip on the side the door will stay when its opend.
    5)I thought you need to make less light with the light entity, I'm still in oppinion that texture based lightning looks more interesting, more realistic and more suitable. The floor dosnt really look like the light values change from time to time, they just contain bright circle spots.
    6)Uhm, I just got something weird with that first HMG dewd in the tight hallway. I ran past shooting him, then hid behind the box and then go back where I came from. Then the dewd simply started to walk slowly away from me eventhough I was standing next to him
    7)You know how sometimes, when you dont know what a button does, you go back to the start of the map to check if anything has changed over there?
    Well, I didnt really know why there were 12 teleports at storage room while there were only 6 teleports at the starts. So after I pushed the keyboard, I didnt know what it did so I just walked back to the teleports. I wanted to run over them all to check if they went anywhere, though it took me alot of time to go from one teleporter to another due to the diffrent highgst of the teleporter and the floor. If you'd just put the floor up a bit, you could just try out all the teleports and make sure they dont go anywhere, so your map dosnt waste the time of people who just dont know where to go. (Yeah, sometimes I wonder how I come up with this stuff, but I just try to find the problems before they are found when the map is "publicly" released )
    Greets Corona
    Maps: http://vin500.cjb.net
    Click here to read my C&C on some Svencoop maps
    PM me if you want me to comment your map.

A pix to explain some points in my previous post.
    Excuse me for being blunt, I couldnt think of any other way to put it :/
    http://members1.chello.nl/~h.krempel...saultnotes.jpg
    Greets Corona
    Maps: http://vin500.cjb.net
    Click here to read my C&C on some Svencoop maps
    PM me if you want me to comment your map.

Question hmm

who ever said there was a door there?, c ould of just been a walkway or an arch of somekind, splitting the hallways, and as for the roof, i see a shadow under the lamp, and outside the lamp theres a glow where the light is. But it is simple textures

Node build

I haven't seen this one on too many servers. Had it on mine but people would try downloading it from my server and time out. I don't know if people realize the map is building nodes at the begining. They think they have a freeze and stop loading it, I did. Like to see the rest of this map so if you see it on my server know I'm standing around with my thumb buried somewhere waiting for someone that has the map to join in! Good points Corona. I know this is an old thread but worth bringing up again.

Dr. Huxtable, read point 4.
    And I dont see any shadow anywhere.

point 4?

How can you not see the gray shadow above the light, and aslo..... what point four? there are only 2 points!

RE:

Nevermind about that point four thing but i do see a shadow (gay how you can edit your posts in best of map showcase)

The shadow thing only applys for the left picture.

Exclamation

Exactly, how do you now see the shadow under the light itself?. I makes a gray circle above it (the shadow) and the rest of the roof is yellowish (the light that shines from the light). its right there.

Manager

Re: Node build

Originally posted by goanna
    I haven't seen this one on too many servers. Had it on mine but people would try downloading it from my server and time out. I don't know if people realize the map is building nodes at the begining. They think they have a freeze and stop loading it, I did. Like to see the rest of this map so if you see it on my server know I'm standing around with my thumb buried somewhere waiting for someone that has the map to join in!
    Only servers must wait for the node building, it won`t affect clients. And after one time of building it goes faster next time.

That makes sense

Didn't know that but it makes sense. I wasn't referring to the people downloading from my server. I was wondering how many were getting ridd of it because they thought something was wrong with it when they tried to run it themselves. Although I didn't know this only affected servers. I am aware that it only takes awhile the first time. Saw this fact mentioned on the forums somewhere, love the forums. Thanks for your responce. I can understand how you thought that after rereading my post, not specific enough.
    They think they have a freeze and stop loading it
    This was meant on they're own computers not downloading from me. They time-out due to size of map, I think.

Im very very very sorry for bringing this thread back up....but I really loved this map and wanted to play it again...I decided that I wanted to play it again so I tried to download the map from here but the link is dead.....If anyone has this map could please post a link or something for me...thx

Yeah.. I'm collecting maps for the server and your link died, Hezus... anyone have it?

Manager
    Here is a link :

http://www.goannasvencoop.com/Hezus/maps/cassault1.zip

Btw : The map has allready some votes for the upcoming map pack so I think it will be in there too.
    Last edited by Hezus; 02-10-2004 at 11:03 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast