Thread: gitfest3

gitfest3

All done, have fun

I'll get to work updating gitfest2 to include a changelevel to gitfest3 and while I'm at it I'll fix a few minor bugs...

unzip/extract to your Half-Life directory
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Sound Dude

yay, I have been waiting for this!

didnt u want to make a low-computer-test yet?_? =)

the gitfest series belongs in 'Best of'

im a cop you idiot The-Real-Game's Avatar
    Hmmm

This map is a major leap forwards from your two previous maps. This map is quite fun through out and features a nice design. The part with the train was very well made, as well as other parts of the map.

The lighting was a tad to dark in places but really created a good sense of atmosphere. Monster layout is above average in most places. My only big gripe is that the architecture in alot of places in rather bland, alot of corridors feature no pillars or anything else, maybe something to consider for the next version of this map??

But overall a good solid map and deserves its palce in best of showcase.

The OP is a nub

Work sucks, but money is good, what to do?!?!
    I love this map, you have made the styles of the first two blend together flawlessly. I played this map multiple times last night and I found absolutely nothing wrong with it. Long enought to be enjoyable, and difficult enought to give you a sense of accomplishment at having completed the level. Two thumbs up! If I was a freak and had a third thumb, I would put that one up for this map too
    If ignorance is bliss, then why is the world so misrible?

its shorter isnt it?_?
    but makes fun liek the others =)

Instead of the trigger_changelevel to Osprey,I would have preferred a game_end so I can run whatever map is next in my mapcycle.

w00t! hehe

nice map... even tho I played it half way threw of what i saw it goes witht he series really good, I still need to play it with all the monsters tho...

gj git
    E=/\/\(2

"I am rite, I am always rite, Except when I am wrong"

wait... who keeps putting these in best of showcase? I keep moving them to death row and they end up her... er, I mean, gj gitrman!

Heh, definitely a fun map, and I enjoyed myself most of the time. Admittedly though a slap of fresh paint and some architecture wouldn't go amiss. Even though it is somewhat fun, I'm not sure this deserves BOS just yet...

The one,The only,The Dude NeWaBoRtIoN's Avatar
    erm..........how can i say this with out......erm.....this is like telling a gf shes not good in bed.........well.......................
    i got bored of it REALLY fast! i'm sorry but going into a big room and geting ambushed by spawn monsters just doesnt seem exsiteing now that almost every map does that now
    i'v perfected the art of throwing snatchels down then setting the spawns off then blowing the crap outa em
    i mean their was only 1 thing to do and with 8 players it was boring
    run 5 miles only to get killed by a nader after he is killed its just the same spawn,fight,and die spawn,fight,and die etc.....
    anyways your a great mapper and alot of people like your maps they just need more"spice"if you know what i mean
    altho it was a good deal above avrage and i liked that the grunts DIDN'T respawn
    A_dude_with_boots@hotmail.com
    ^--my e-mail add me to you're msn messanger XD
    ICQ makes me crash
    And AOL Thinks i have a foot fetish -_-'

New Jersey, where crime and corruption roam free.
    R-man, i will be your bitch anyday

60_Megabyte_File
    Sven Co-op Message Board Moderator

Welcome to hell! Spend your time in hell! I could try to change it but it suits me too well...
    backtracking is a major pain in the ass . the design is fantastic and intricate . the detail is low , but it reminds me of exhale so much . i demand more maps like it .

are you gonna make a map pack with all these maps in with some changes or is it this it ?

I'm working on gitfest4 and will release it with updated versions of 1, 2 & 3...

after that I realy don't know though I have some ideas allready for a gitfest5
    Sound Dude