Thread: [Grenade] Toon Bomb!

Manipulator of Vertecies WarpZone's Avatar

[v_grenade] Toon Bomb!

<<Download it here. >>

Darn it all! I tried really, really hard to make a realistic, millitary-style hand grenade for my CS map pack, but it turned out all cartoony-looking for some reason!

Hehehe. Seriously, though. I wanted to try something a little crazy for my first weapon model, and this was the result! I hope the creator of ToonRun will consider using this in the next version of that map. =) If so, I'll slap together some P and W versions, as well.

Comments? Criticisms? I am speaking specifically to YOU, Mr. or Mrs. forum-reader!

Work sucks, but money is good, what to do?!?!
    It definately looks cartoony My only question is about the animations. will he just pull on the fuse
    If ignorance is bliss, then why is the world so misrible?

Aye!

uhhh... lol! nice model, It would be cool with some of the sprites banana boy posted, some plasma blasts or something!

He just moves his hand over the fuse. Pretend he has a cigarette lighter or something in his hand. =) Look at it in HLMV or in-game to see for yourself.

Is there any way to add muzzleflashes to models? o.o I coulda sworn I've seen it once before, but I could be wrong. A timed muzzleflash to make it look like the fuse has been lit would DEFINITELY rock, though... I tried to add a custom sound, but it didn't play. Maybe you can only add sounds to monster models or something?

Artist
    DUe to the problems in tr final i need to make a third release anyway. No problem using you grenade model for toonrun (of course I will give full credits to the maker )

However could you change the bomb texture, so it looks a bit more like the acme bombs (black surface with some light spots to make it look plastic)?

uhm you should edit the pinpull animations
    btw:nice model
    we should make a cartoony model pack for toonrun 8D

Well... I'm tempted to make a giant mallet crowbar, too... =)

I kind of like it how it is now, because the sketch lines make it look like a drawing, but I'll see what I can do about the color.

(Note: it looks different in-game than it does in HLMV. In the game, the chrome texture looks like in my screenshot, with the white spots at the top and the dark shadow at the bottom. In HLMV, it looks weird, but in-game it looks just like the gif at the top of this thread. I think it looks great. I could change it if you really want, and take away the sketchy lines, but I think this gives it some detail while keeping the cartoon look. I got really lucky with a valve texture. )

Okay, I made a few improvements.

-Changed the color, but not the actual texture, to look more like an acme bomb.

-Pullpin animation is now reaching back with the bomb to throw it.

-Moved the bomb in the mesh so the hand appears to hold it more naturally. (It was a little to the left before, the thumb seemed kind of off...)

-New, spiffy, curved fuse!

The zip file and gif have been changed to reflect these adjustments. (Some IE users may need to press ctrl+F5 to see the new gif image.)

If everything seems okay, I will get started on the P and W models. Should be easy compared to the V model. Also, I think I have a surprise in mind for this bomb... you'll have to wait and see.

I get an error while trying to use your model:
    SV_modelindex: model models/v_toonbomb.mdl not precached
    Greets Corona
    Maps: http://vin500.cjb.net
    Click here to read my C&C on some Svencoop maps
    PM me if you want me to comment your map.

Oh, you have to use the custom_precache entity to add a weapon model to a SvenCoop map.

Unfortunately, it's a bit more complicated than that, because there is currently a slight problem with the fgd file distributed with SvenCoop, which prevents the custom_precache entity from showing up in Valve Hammer Editor. Sniper was working on this last I heard, and it should be fixed very soon.

In the meantime, Try putting it into your svencoop/models directory, renaming it to "v_grenade.mdl" and just putting a regular grenade weapon into your map. That's what I had to do to test it.

Sorry, I should have mentioned that when I fist posted the model. I guess I'm the first person to try and replace a weapon since 2.0 final's release, or we'd all have heard about it by now.

Sweet!! I can't wait til my computer is fixed so i can play HL... I'm gonna use this model!
    too bad the hand isn't cartoony oh well still a great model!

Thumbs up

I like it... looks really cool

Professional Zombie Slayer InFinTeY's Avatar
    Cute and Cool. I think it suits best and perfectly in toonrun.
    Father Gregory is my master....He taught me to care for the zombies, to love the them, to appreciate them and to comfort them by sending a bullet each right in every of their heads.

Let Vengeance Be Mine! CozmicShredder's Avatar

Question Re: [Grenade] Toon Bomb Model Missing!

Hello people's!

Well as old as this thread is the fact is that toonrun was included with the SvenCoop 3.0 exe and it asks for this model and well nobody seems to have it?

If you do have please share it here or with me please!

I only want the original if you have it because this will get re-populated!

Thank you!

I want to add it to all server hosts to get rid of that content error in cpanel!

[Everyday Of The Week!] [error] [All Clients] File does not exist: /home/all/public_html/contnent/svencoop/models/toonrun/v_toonbomb.mdl

Artist

Re: [Grenade] Toon Bomb!

The Toonrun map being shipped with SC 3.0 does not use this model. It seems like the server is using a modified verson of the map. You probably should ask the server admin to get the needed files.

I am the server admin/owner!

I need the file if someone could please share it that is all I am asking!

I don't want to make my own file I want to use the original file that was made by the original author of the model!

I already talked to the guy that made the model he doesn't have it so please if someone has this model contact me thank you!

the link doessnt work. when i click on it i get 404'd

Quote Originally Posted by pooperoni_pizza
    the link doessnt work. when i click on it i get 404'd

It's an old thread from "04-10-2002 07:46 PM"!

I resurected please read I am looking for what isn't here already!
    Last edited by CozmicShredder; 12-06-2006 at 12:20 PM.

Artist

If you are the server admin then you should talk to the person who distributed the modified version of Toonrun you are using. It's obviously not from the orginal map author(me ), because I didn't use the model from WarpZone.

Lightbulb Re: [Grenade] Toon Bomb!

I am sorry Koelzk I don't intend on distributing that version of toonrun I only wanted to use the map with the added toon bomb from the original author of the model.

I did make a mistake that wasn't the original toonrun I just checked my bad!

You don't have to keep defending you're map anymore I made a mistake!

I only wanted the model that is all I was asking for!

For now on I'll make requests directly to the authors instead of posting in these forums!
    Last edited by CozmicShredder; 12-06-2006 at 01:03 PM.

Artist

No problem, even if you would like to spread ripented/modified versions, that's fine for me

Yeah I was having one of those days really acting more like a robot then a human!

Was wanting instant satisfaction!

Like I said I am not going to post here anymore unless it's to help out or give my 2 cents!

If there is something I need I'll just pm or instant message someone!