Thumbs up Woo!

Sorted it out now

Go here to read the readme first and to see some screenshots:

http://mralpha.tripod.com/SCmaps.html

Go here to download my swamp map:

http://mralpha.tripod.com/Swamp_HA.zip

Go here to download my arctic base map :

http://mralpha.tripod.com/Arctic_HA.zip

Expect another map in a week or two it's set in a haunted castle!

Wow...nice looking maps there....

still, I expect nothing less from someone in my part of the country

Sound Dude

Swamp:
    Swam looked a pretty basic. If you whould take away the textures and make lightning 100% bright, you could say that the map could be anything, from a desert to a research lab.
    Try to use more interesting brushwork that makes it feel like a swamp, use more costum textures and ect.
    Try downloading Firearms and play there swamp level, that one really looks like a swamp even if you took away all the textures and made lighting 100% bright.

Now to the gameplay was pretty basic, room, enemy, kill, moveon, room enenmy, kiil, moveon. No co-oopish gameplay.
    Maybe you could've added some cover, restock area's and co-operative obstacles that you whould only encounter in a swamp.

Artic:
    Now this level could've been great, though, it looked very basic.
    The first level, is totally useless, though I really like the layout and basic looks. Though it needs more complicated brushwork and a bit more snowish feeling.
    Then the second level was pretty unsatisfying, because the tunnel was 100% dark, wich isnt fun.
    Try running HLRAD with -Bounce 4 (or whatever you like). This will make light bounce off the walls in the tunnel, not making it look 100% dark but pretty realistic and nice looking for my eye's.
    And maybe add some more light origins beside the piece of water in the tunnel (an effect I really like).

After I fell into a pit of spikes I'd didnt feel like playing anymore because I think its pretty lame to set traps at all.
    Once is fun, twice is stupid, third time no-one walks into it anymore.

Expect another map in a week or two it's set in a haunted castle!
    Dont take this as a flame, but isnt releasing another map after two weeks a bit to fast.
    What whould that haunted level look like if you worked on it, for like a month? Adding detial, costum textures, nice atmosphere; not releasing it untill it is 100% done.
    Greets Corona
    Maps: http://vin500.cjb.net
    Click here to read my C&C on some Svencoop maps
    PM me if you want me to comment your map.

Yeah I know the swamp was basic it was made at least 3 months ago and I didn't know as much as I did now (as you can see by the circular holes in the lodge roof) . The first map in Arctic was going to be kind of the atmosphere setter it was going to have a load of creepy sounds and weird goings on but I got started on another map so I didn't get to that part but I may finish that off after my next map. The trap was just part of a "secret" jump across and there's a dancing genome. I had a problem with the light aswell originally it was gonna be all lit up but I couldn't find a way of doing it that and making it seem natural (other than putting a load of holes in the roof) so I just made it dark instead. And the haunted map I've been working on for about 3 weeks and it has better construction than the other two aswell as new monster skins. Thanks for your pointers I was half expecting lines of "You suck!" and "Your map sucks too!"

Okay, so far I have played the Swamp map. It was good for a 1st try, but here are somethings that I didnt like.

1. The darkness. It was pretty much all dark with glowing water.

2. The bullsquids that keep respawning near the spawn after you get over the electric fence.

Other than that, it was fairly good. Havnt played the arctic map, I might play it later today... depends.

Welcome to hell! Spend your time in hell! I could try to change it but it suits me too well...
    played swamp . very very nice map .
    my suggestions are adding armor and some more weapon placements . try and keep them along the path a player has to go down , rather than making him go down a different road just for ammo . i love the bullsquids you added .
    give the commander more health .
    the darkness covers the old and simple textures very very well .
    good r speeds too .
    all in all its a good map with no uneccessary eye candy and solid gameplay . this is something id expect from Rman , or the exhale creator .

after some minor updating i vote this goes in best of showcase and making it available on the files page .

Welcome to hell! Spend your time in hell! I could try to change it but it suits me too well...
    arctic is very nicely laid out and looks great .
    its really really spooky and its setting is original . i feel cold just playing it .
    im very impressed .

i cant get the maps,it says site suspended.
    has anyone else got the maps,that could post them

Omg I never expected this! Thanks a lot!

The site seems fine now but I'll keep an eye on it.

no problem